Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2021 Graduate Scholarship for spring, summer, and fall semesters, which offers a limited number of awards worth up to $2,000 each to assist prospective graduate students. Students who need to build their art and design portfolio or improve their career options should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity. To be eligible graduate students must also complete an application and have a portfolio submission on file.
- Current students at Academy of Art University, please review your scholarship opportunities today
- The Graduate Scholarship will be open from October 1, 2020 to August 15, 2021.
- A limited number of scholarship awards are available (up to $2,000). These funds can only be used to help pay for the recipient’s educational costs during their second full semester.
- A selection committee will determine the amount of each scholarship awarded based on a short essay submission and the recipient’s official portfolio submission through the graduate program.
- Recipients are responsible for the application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferrable to any other person or semester.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- The monthly submission deadlines for the essay submission will be 11:59 PM on the 15th of each month until funds are no longer available.
- Recipients must apply and meet all eligibility requirements by the dates defined within the program.
- Recipients must submit all application materials, including those listed in the portfolio guidelines to be eligible. Portfolio work will be factored into the award amount.
- Recipients must be a first-time enrolled graduate student at the Academy of Art University beginning in spring, summer, or fall semester 2021.
- Recipients must be graduate-level degree-seeking (MA, MFA, MArch, MAT) students. Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Recipients who, for any reason, are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- The recipient must be an applicant or registered student for either spring, summer or fall 2021 at the monthly scholarship deadline to be eligible for that particular award amount. If the recipient is not a registered student by the aforementioned deadline then their submission will be rolled over to the following month until the scholarship award period is completed or the Graduate Scholarship is out of funds (whichever comes first).
- If a recipient cancels his or her application or registration, their full award amount will be relinquished and reallocated to other eligible recipients.
- The recipient (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published semester start date, and must successfully earn a semester GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed.
- The recipient must also be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the subsequent semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
Essay Submission Details
How will an MFA/MA degree from Academy of Art University help with the next step in your career path? What do you plan to contribute to your chosen field? (Maximum of 2000 words)
All submissions are subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University. To apply, visit our online Admissions Application.