Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2022 International Art & Design Scholarship, which offers a limited number of awards to financially assist prospective international students seeking either an Undergraduate or Graduate degree. International students who need to build their art and design portfolio or improve their career options should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity.
International Art & Design Scholarship
- Current students at Academy of Art University, please review your scholarship opportunities today here.
- The International Art & Design Scholarship will be open from November 8, 2021, to January 15, 2022.
- A limited number of scholarship awards are available (up to $2,000). These funds can only be used to help pay for the recipient’s educational costs during their first full semester.
- A selection committee will determine the amount of each scholarship awarded based on the artwork submission.
- Recipients are responsible for the application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferable to any other person or semester.
Complete Eligibility Requirements:
- The submission deadline for the artwork will be 11:59 PM Pacific Time (PST) on the 15th of each month until funds are no longer available.
- Recipients must apply and meet all eligibility requirements by the dates defined within the program.
- Recipients must be first-time enrolled undergraduate or graduate students at the Academy of Art University beginning in the Spring 2022 semester.
- Recipients need to fall under one of the following groups: a) undergraduate, degree-seeking student (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH); b) graduate degree-seeking (MA, MFA, MArch, MAT)
- Recipients must be International students studying at Academy of Art University. US citizens or Legal Permanent Residents of the US do not qualify.
- Recipients who, for any reason, are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- The recipient must be an applicant or registered student for the Spring 2022 semester at the monthly scholarship deadline to be eligible for that particular award amount. If the recipient is not a registered student by the aforementioned deadline then their submission will be rolled over to the following month until the scholarship award period is completed or the International Art & Design Scholarship is out of funds (whichever comes first).
- If a recipient cancels his or her application or registration, their full award amount will be relinquished and reallocated to other eligible recipients.
- The recipient (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published semester start date.
- The recipient must also be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the subsequent semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
Artwork Submissions Details
- Please submit up to – but not more than 3 of your best pieces of work: sketches, design, drawings, photos, film reels, etc. in digital format only. Any and all physical work/samples will not be accepted.