On Saturday, November 9th, Academy of Art University is hosting an exclusive information session at the JW Marriott by The Galleria in Houston. This event* will help to
On Saturday, November 9th, Academy of Art University is hosting an exclusive information session at the JW Marriott by The Galleria in Houston. This event* will help to start your college career and make applying for school as worry-free as possible.
Come learn how the Academy can help you find your place and create your future. Our admissions team and faculty members will be on hand to guide you to the art and design degree program that best aligns with your goals and interests. They will also provide insights into the full Academy experience, including student life, managing your schedule, online course options, and our NCAA athletics program. You can also get more information on the following:
- Discover which academic program best fits you and your educational goals
- Get detailed help on the admissions process, including information on financial aid, scholarship opportunities, housing, dining programs, and more
- Explore career opportunities specific to your area of study
- Learn more about flexible online classes, military benefits, and our tuition-free Pre-College Art Experience for high school students
- Complete your application and register for classes in the spring, summer, or fall
This is also a great opportunity to meet some of our distinguished faculty members from the School of Game Development and School of Photography and be able to ask questions you may have about the school, curriculum, career opportunities, and more. Please see their biographies below:
- Brian Hess (Associate Director, School of Game Development): Brian received his BS in Media Arts & Animation from the Art Institute of California. Additionally, previous employment includes Thrasher Magazine, Atlantis Resorts, Zynga, Digital chocolate & TinyCo, where he started as a junior artist, and worked his way to becoming an art director. Most recently he co-created ‘AWAKE’ an original series at Action Lab Comics.
- Adrienne Pao (Director, School of Photography): San Francisco Bay area based photographer Adrienne Pao explores identity, culture, and society, communicating with a sense of humor. Pao’s work appears in fashion and pop culture magazines and art journals around the world. Her commissions are seen worldwide. Her photographs and installations have been shown nationally and internationally. She has been committed to photographic education for over 10 years.
So RSVP today to reserve your spot. Portfolio work is always welcome, but not required.
Bring friends! Bring family! Bring an open mind and discover what your future holds.
*This popular event begins at 10AM. Early check-in begins at 9:30AM.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm CST