On Saturday, November 16th, Academy of Art University is hosting an exclusive information session* at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel in New York City (Midtown Manhattan). This event will help to
On Saturday, November 16th, Academy of Art University is hosting an exclusive information session* at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel in New York City (Midtown Manhattan). This event will help to start your college career and make applying for school as worry-free as possible.
Come learn how the Academy can help you find your place and create your future. Our admissions team and faculty members will be on hand to guide you to the art and design degree program that best aligns with your goals and interests. They will also provide insights into the full Academy experience, including student life, managing your schedule, online course options, and our NCAA athletics program. You can also get more information on the following:
- Discover which academic program best fits you and your educational goals
- Get detailed help on the admissions process, including information on financial aid, scholarship opportunities, housing, dining programs, and more
- Explore career opportunities specific to your area of study
- Learn more about flexible online classes, military benefits, and our tuition-free Pre-College Art Experience for high school students
- Complete your application and register for classes in the spring, summer, or fall
This is also a great opportunity to meet some of our distinguished faculty members from the School of Game Development and School of Photography and be able to ask questions you may have about the school, curriculum, career opportunities, and more. Please see their biographies below:
- David Goodwine (Executive Director, School of Game Development): David is an Animation & Visual Effects graduate of Academy of Art University. He has been in the entertainment industry for 18+ years, including 14 years in games. David has worked for companies such as Double Fusion, Eidos/Crystal Dynamics, Electronic Arts, and PDI/Dreamworks. His game credits include projects such as 25 to Life, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Project: Snowblind, and Tomb Raider: Legend. Films worked on include Evolution, The Mexican, The Deep End, The Legend of Bagger Vance and Shrek 3D.
- John Vano (Full-Time Faculty School of Photography): John developed an interest in photography at a young age. His uncle, who was a well-known portrait photographer, sparked his initial enthusiasm for the camera. Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, John’s love of both photography and people eventually led him to Milan, Italy where he lived for three years and studied photography at The European Design Institute.
So RSVP today to reserve your spot. Portfolio work is always welcome, but not required.
Bring friends! Bring family! Bring an open mind and discover what your future holds.
*This popular event begins at 10AM. Early check-in begins at 9:30AM.