Discover our vibrant student housing in San Francisco staffed by friendly resident directors, resident assistants, and campus security detail.Get Started with Campus Housing
Housing Facilities Are Open!
Our residence hall communities seek to provide spaces that offer a welcoming, inclusive, and safe living environment. Staff members are committed to offering courteous, professional and efficient service by providing opportunities to prepare residents for success both on campus and as global citizens. Facilities/labs are open to students through our reservation system.
Discover our vibrant artist community in San Francisco staffed by friendly resident directors, resident assistants, and campus security detail.
The Department of Housing & Residence Life facilitates holistic communities that support student growth, development, and learning. Our residence hall communities seek to provide spaces that offer a welcoming, including, and safe living environment. Staff members are committed to offering courteous, professional, and efficient service by providing opportunities to prepare residents for success both on campus and as global citizens.
In our work with the university community and beyond, the Department of Housing & Residence Life values guide our work:
- Education and preparation for a lifetime of learning
- Integrity, honesty, personal responsibility, and ethical behavior
- Appreciation, respect, and acceptance for diversity and inclusion
- Civic and social responsibility as a means toward good citizenship
- Opportunities for students to live, learn, and grow
Welcome to the Fall 2021 Semester at Academy of Art!
The Academy of Art Library is proud to offer a broad selection of electronic resources that will help you succeed this semester.
- The library is operating remotely for the Fall 2021 semester. However, the Materials Library is open for onsite students’ browsing and research needs!
- Our website is always open! The Academy Library has 9,000+ e-books and subscribes to 18 different online resources to help you do your research. Take a look at our Online Resources page for the full list!
- Not sure where to start your research? Our Department Research Guides highlight e-books, digital magazines, databases, and resources from the Library’s collections that are relevant to your major.
- Our YouTube Channel has brief video tutorials to help you use our resources.
- If you have questions, use the Library FAQ page or contact us directly via our Ask a Librarian form, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 415-618-3842.
Important Housing Dates
Secure a spot in one of our housing buildings by submitting your application before the deadlines. These dates are subject to change in accordance with any adjustments made to the academic calendar.
|Wednesday, August 11, 2021||Residence Halls Close for Summer 2021, 12 PM|
|Tuesday, August 17, 2021||New International Student Move In begins, 1 PM – 6 PM PT|
|Tuesday, August 24, 2021||New Student Check In begins, 9 AM – 5 PM PT|
|Friday, August 27, 2021||Continuing Student Check In begins, 9 AM – 5 PM PT|
|Thursday, September 2, 2021||Fall 2021 Semester Classes begin|
|Saturday, December 18, 2021||Residence Halls Close for Winter Break, 12 PM|
|Tuesday, January 25, 2022||New International Student Move In begins, 1 PM – 6 PM PT|
|Tuesday, February 1, 2022||New Student Check In begins, 9 AM – 5 PM PT|
|Friday, February 4, 2022||Continuing Student Check In begins, 9 AM – 5 PM PT|
|Monday, February 7, 2022||Spring 2022 Semester Classes begin|
|Saturday, May 28, 2022||Residence Halls Close for Spring 2022, 12 PM|
*All students with a housing assignment will be required to sign up for a check-in appointment prior to moving in. Additional information regarding the move-in reservation process will be provided in advance
Housing Selection FAQ
After you complete your campus housing application and pay the $500.00 deposit, the next step is to complete housing selection. The housing assignment is the actual building and room you will live in.
Using the online Housing Selection system, you can pick exactly where you’ll be living from what is available.
If you’re a continuing student currently living in campus housing, you can select your housing assignment for next year by participating in the Renewal/General Room Selection process next April. You may have the opportunity to remain in your current housing assignment, or you can select a new space on campus.
- Room Renewal: Choose this option to stay within your current housing space for the next academic year
- Building Renewal: Choose this option to select a new room within your current building for the next academic year
- General Room Selection (GRS): Choose this option to move to another housing space on campus for the next academic year
The student housing portal is accessible on all browsers through your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Your designated access time which will be sent to you prior to housing selection in early April.
If you experience issues with your log-in information please contact Student Self-Service at 415-618-6500 for assistance.
Current campus housing residents can choose their housing assignment for the following academic year at the end of the spring semester. After this, new applicants have the opportunity to select their housing.
If you need to cancel your housing assignment for the upcoming academic year, please email the Department of Housing & Residence Life at email@example.com with the following information:
- Full Name
- Student ID Number
- A statement requesting to cancel your upcoming housing assignment or application
- Specify the year for which you would like to cancel your housing.
Deadlines to cancel housing assignment or applications
- Spring applicants: January 1
- Summer applicants: June 1
- Fall applicants: July 1
You must cancel by the above-listed cancellation dates, or within 10-days of your completed application, to receive a refund of your full housing deposit. Cancellations after this time period will result in deposit forfeiture.